- 14 June 2013: Office-Using Job Gains Are Positive Indicator –
More than 266,000 U.S. office jobs have been added since the beginning of the year, pushing the rate for full-time private-sector office-using employment to approximately 2 percent under pre-rec
- 14 June 2013: Tenant Star Energy Program –
In a bipartisan effort, U.S. Representatives Peter Welch, D-Vt. and David McKinley, R-W.Va., introduced the Better Buildings Act of 2013 (H.R.
- 13 June 2013: CRE Investment Risk Declines in 1Q13 –
The investment risk posed by commercial real estate continued decline in 1Q13, according the spring 2013 RERC Real Estate Report.
- 12 June 2013: Hotel Transaction Volume Up 50 Percent –
As of mid-year, hospitality deals have reached $8 billion, a 50 percent increase over the same period in 2012, according to read more
- 11 June 2013: CCIM Institute Expands Global Presence in Japan –
Designees in Japan celebrate the formation of Japan CCIM Chapter.
- 7 June 2013: Canadian Multifamily Continues to Perform –
Canada’s multifamily sector continued to see gains in 2012, according to CBRE’s Capital Markets Multi-Housing 2013 Annual Report.
- 5 June 2013: CCIMs Connect at RECon 2013 –
Institute members network with more than 20,000 retail industry execs in Las Vegas.
- 5 June 2013: Construction Activity Drops in April – The Architecture Billing Index, which represents a nine to 12 month outlook of commercial construction spending activity, declined to 48.6 in April, according to The American Institute of Architects’
- 3 June 2013: Study Analyzes REIT Risk Factors –
Failure to qualify as a real estate investment trust and general economic conditions top the list of REIT risk factors, according to The 2013 BDO RiskFactor Report for REITs from read more
- 3 June 2013: Terrorism Risk Insurance Expires in 2014 –
On May 23, U.S. Reps Mike Capuano, D-Mass., and Peter King, R-N.Y., introduced the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2013 or TRIPRA (H.R. 2146).
- 30 May 2013: Local and Regional Lenders Fuel Transactions –
In 2012, 42 percent of commercial realtors cited local and regional banks as their top sources of capital, according to the National Association of Realtors® 2
- 29 May 2013: Global Retailers Eye Hong Kong –
Hong Kong is the most sought-after global retail market, drawing more new retailers than any other city worldwide, according to a 2013 CBRE re
- 24 May 2013: Help Families Affected by Oklahoma Tornadoes –
Many CCIM Institute members in Oklahoma and their families have been affected by the devastating tornadoes.
- 23 May 2013: Rising Online Sales Prompt Retail Shifts –
Despite the 16.3 percent jump in online sales in 2012, development of brick-and-mortar retail rose approximately 9 percent year over year.
- 22 May 2013: Medical Office Boom Continues –
Medical office building portfolio sales totaled more than $2 billion in 2012, and they’re expected to match or exceed that level this year thanks to high demand and available capital, according to
- 21 May 2013: Shopping Center Vacancy Declines in 1Q13 –
- 20 May 2013: CCIM Experts Lend Insight at Realtors® Commercial Trends Forum –
Two CCIMs discussed economic and financing issues impacting the commercial real estate market.
- 20 May 2013: FASB and IASB Release 2nd Exposure Draft on Lease Accounting –
On May 16, a long anticipated proposal was released by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the International Accounting Standards Board on lease accounting.
- 16 May 2013: CMBS Delinquency Drops to 9 Percent in April –
The delinquency rate for commercial mortgage-backed securities hit a two-year low last month, falling 47 basis points to slightly more than 9 percent, according to read more
- 15 May 2013: Experts See Pent-Up Investment Demand –
Patience was the operative term at the economic forecast panel session at the Counselors of Real Estate’s midyear conference in New York City.
- 14 May 2013: U.S. REIT Gains Outpace Equity Market –
- 10 May 2013: Shopping Center Rents Rise 5.5 Percent YOY –
- 10 May 2013: May/June 2013 Online Deal Makers –
Stephen V. Jacquemin, CCIM, of S.J. Financial Group in Ellisville, Mo., represented B Biasbas Real Estate Holding Co.
- 10 May 2013: Real Estate Gifting Realized: Charitable Gift Annuities –
This fourth article in a series on real estate gifting issues covers charitable gift annuities.
- 10 May 2013: Deal Makers –
The Biggest Deal