Among the many items of interest:
- Nearly 4 in 5 active internet users visit social networks and blogs. Each user generally views 94 domains, 2,905 pages, and 830 facebook pages.
- Top sources of information used to obtain product and service information comes from consumer ratings, relied on by 63% of consumers. Company Facebook sites registered 15% and Mobile Apps 9%, exceeding Online Ads which were at 8% and Company Twitter sites at 7%.
- 37% of users access social media through a mobile phone, versus only 3% who do so with an iPad. The vast majority still do so via computer.
- 45% of tablet and smartphone users downloaded a social networking app in the past 30 days.
- In September 2011, only 6 % of the time was spent using the dialer. 14% was texting, 10% was web browsing, 5% went to social networking, 5% to email/IM, 4% to maps/location, 2% music/video and 1% camera.
- 33% of Americans online visited Amazon in September 2011.
- 85.9 million households have broadband, while 114.7 have at least 1 TV.
- Smartphone market share: 43% use smart phones, 57% feature phones. Of the 43% using smart phones, 43% use Android, 28% iPhone, 18% RIM/Blackberry, 7% Windows Mobile, and 4% other.
- Smartphone penetration: 60% for Asians, 50% for Hispanics, 48% for African-Americans, and 39 % for those classifying themselves as White. All prefer Android as an operating system except Asians, who prefer iPhone.
Worldwide numbers also are included for current penetration and planned purchases of HDTV, 3D TV, TV w/Internet, Smartphone, and Tablets for Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East/Africa/Pakistan.