Free whitepapers are available from the authors of Vested Outsourcing: Five Rules That Will Transform Outsourcing and the forthcoming book The Vested Outsourcing Manual: A Guide for Creating Successful Business and Outsourcing Agreements.
Author Kate Vitasek’s blog also provides helpful information in a well-written analysis of outsourcing gone bad, with commentary on these common ailments:
- Penny Wise and Pound Foolish
- The Outsourcing Paradox
- The Activity Trap
- The Junkyard Dog Factor
- The Honeymoon Effect
- The Zero Sum Game
- Driving Blind Disease
- Measurement Minutiae
- The Power of Not Doing
Suggestions for resolving these issues is also provided.
- Laying the Foundation: What’s in it for We?
- Focus on Outcomes, Not Transactions
- Focus on the What, Not the How
- Agree on Clearly Defined and Measurable Outcomes
- Optimize Pricing Model Incentives
- Governance Structure Should Provide Insight, not Merely Oversight
- Unpacking Transportation Pricing – A White Paper Challenging Transportation Pricing Models
- Unpacking Oliver – 10 Lessons to Improve Collaborative Outsourcing
- IACCM and Vested Outsourcing – A Better Way to Structure Outsourcing Contracts
Great work from the University of Tennessee. Almost enough to make you start singing “Rocky Top.” Almost.