Tom Peters, author of the classic In Search of Excellence: Lessons from America's Best-Run Companies (Collins Business Essentials) and forthcoming The Little Big Things: 163 Ways to Pursue EXCELLENCE, offers his recommendations for the best books of the year 2009.
- Best book on the financial crisis: Fool's Gold: How the Bold Dream of a Small Tribe at J.P. Morgan Was Corrupted by Wall Street Greed and Unleashed a Catastrophe
- Best book on finance: Enough: True Measures of Money, Business, and Life
- Best management book: Rules of Thumb: 52 Truths for Winning at Business Without Losing Your Self
- Second best management book: The Cost of Bad Behavior: How Incivility Is Damaging Your Business and What to Do About It
- Best business book overall: Retail Superstars: Inside the 25 Best Independent Stores in America